Copyright & Designs
Chambers’ work encompasses all areas of copyright and design law. Barristers are involved in litigation regarding literary, musical and artistic copyright in the fields of fashion, music, entertainment and literature as well as disputes concerning computer software, databases and information technology.
Members of chambers are also frequently involved in litigation relating to industrial designs rights and registered designs.
Members of chambers have been involved in many leading and recent copyright and design cases, including:
- Fundacion Espanola para la Innovacion de la Artesania (FEIA) v Cul de Sac Espacio Creativo SL (C-32/08)  RPC 13, Court of Justice
- Productores de Musica de Espana (Promusicae) v. Telefonica de Espana  2 C.M.L.R. 17, ECJ (Grand Chamber)
- Deakin & Anor (t/a Faith Image Source) v Card Rax Ltd & Ors  EWPCC 3
- Procter & Gamble v Reckitt Benckiser  FSR 8
- Cantor Gaming v Gamecount Global  FSR 4
- Dyson Ltd v Qualtex (UK) Ltd  RPC 31
- Oakley v. Animal , Court of Appeal